ARI improves the performance of material systems through the development, design, processing and characterization of polymers, nanocomposites and metals. We work to leverage the convergence of the physical world (materials, processes, machines) and the digital world (design, data) to accelerate the development and qualification of manufacturing and materials solutions.
- Leverage a fundamental multiscale understanding of materials to tailor the chemistry, composition, and processing to improve the performance of materials systems
- Incorporate design and manufacturing considerations early in the materials development process
- Couple simulations, experiments and machine learning approaches throughout the design, development and manufacturing process
- In-situ mechanical testing of material/structural components using novel optical measurement techniques
- Co-development of materials and processes results in a decrease in the time and cost associated with developing improved materials systems
- Validate mechanical performance through demonstration
- Use of machine learning enables the optimization of complex materials, parts and processes that would be impossible using traditional approaches
- Development and processing of high-strength, lightweight materials
- Process development and qualification for additive manufacturing
- Development and qualification of new materials for polymer and metal additive manufacturing
- Implementation of novel in situ mechanical testing techniques in complex environments (supersonic/hypersonic wind tunnels)
- Development of scalable, hierarchical self-assembled materials
- Design of highly recyclable polymers
- Intelligent process control in manufacturing
To learn more, contact Nicole Johnson, ARI Managing Director.
ARI works with key agencies including the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, and the National Institutes of Health to build prototype solutions in a variety of impact areas.
An aging population, longer life expectancies and rising healthcare costs poses a challenge to ensuring a healthy population. ARI develops smarter health solutions to meet these challenges with advances in disease prevention, diagnostics and treatment.