The combination of an aging population, longer life expectancies and rising healthcare costs poses a challenge to ensuring a healthy population. There is a need for smarter health solutions to meet these challenges including advances in disease prevention, diagnostics and treatment. ARI is drawing on our core competencies to address these challenges.
- Indoor Climate Research & Training (ICRT) researchers at ARI are studying the linkage between residential building air quality and health to find ways to retrofit homes that reduce illness rates.
- ICRT is incorporating the results from this research into revised training programs for energy auditors and building inspectors to better identify potential home health hazards.
- To speed up cancer diagnoses, ARI software engineers are implementing algorithms that reduce the time required to evaluate pathology samples from days to minutes.
- ARI scientists are partnering with campus researchers to develop new biosensor technology which would allow for fast, field diagnostics of diseases.
- Our scientists are developing new injectable hydrogels for slow release drug delivery which will allow for improved patient outcomes and less frequent medical treatments.
Who should I contact to learn more?
Algorithm and Software Development
ARI develops and implements algorithms for solving complex multi-domain problems in the areas of Information Processing, ISR (Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance), Remote Sensing, Data Fusion, and Distributed Autonomy.
ARI improves the performance of material systems through the development, design, processing and characterization of polymers, biomaterials, nanocomposites and metals.
Monitoring, Diagnostics and Controls
ARI integrates and deploys sensor technologies and diagnostic tools that provide our customers actionable data that helps them extract valuable insights, enhance situational awareness, and rapidly respond to changing conditions.
ARI bridges the gap between the knowledge gained through research and its practical application. ARI trainers design curriculum and workshop modules to enhance the fundamental knowledge of building science and energy efficiency practitioners.