Stacy L Gloss
For more information
- M.A. Appalachian Studies, Concentration Sustainable Development, Appalachian State University, 2009
- M.S., Management, University of Florida, 2004
- B.S., Psychology, University of Florida, 2003
Stacy Gloss works as a Research Specialist for the Indoor Climate Research and Training group at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She received an M.A. in Appalachian Studies with a concentration in Sustainable Development from Appalachian State University. She also received an M.S. in Management and a B.S. in Psychology from the University of Florida.
Stacy performs field research on energy use and indoor air quality in buildings. She also conducts outreach, coordinates participation, and works closely with agency partners across the country in ICRT’s research studies. Prior to joining ICRT in 2014, she spent time working in the field of energy efficiency as a policy advocate in Charleston, West Virginia and worked for the Weatherization Assistance Program in Knoxville, Tennessee. Stacy is currently a volunteer board member on the Urbana Sustainability Advisory Commission.
- Research Specialist, Indoor Climate Research and Training
- Monitoring, Diagnostics and Controls
- Building Science
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- W. Rose, Z. Merrin, P.W. Francisco, and S. Gloss. "Low cost radon reduction pilot study: Air-tightening at foundation-house interface as a means of radon reduction in living space." Proceedings of Healthy Buildings America, 2015. Boulder, CO.
- W. Rose, S. Gloss, P.W. Francisco, Z. Merrin, S. Cali, and D. Jacobs. "Weatherization ventilation strategy as a factor in indoor humidity" Proceedings of Healthy Buildings 2015
- W. Rose, S. Gloss. "Characterizing indoor humidity for comparison studies: the moisture balance approach." Conference Proceeding Buildings XIII
- Z. Merrin, S. Gloss, and P.W. Francisco. "Residential natural gas emissions from pipe leaks and heating appliances." Proceedings of the IndoorAir2016 Conference
- P.W. Francisco, L. Brand, D. Cautley, B. Singer, and S. Gloss. "The latest developments in residential combustion safety testing." Proceedings of the ASHRAE IAQ2016 Conference, Alexandria, VA, (2016)
- P.W. Francisco, Z. Merrin, and S. Gloss "Development of test methodology and initial pilot field testing for residential methane emissions quantification". Prepared for Environmental Defense Fund
- L. Brand, D. Cautley, D. Bohac, P. Francisco, L. Shen, and S. Gloss "Technology solutions case study: Combustion safety simplified test protocol field study." Partnership for Advanced Residential Retrofit and NorthernSTAR. USDOE Nov. 2015
Service to Federal and State Government
- Urbana Sustainability Advisory Commission, Chair 2017 - present